Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #9
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
I called Thor CS yesterday and asked them how to remove the slide out pantry drawer. They sent me a drawing of the construction, but it was no help. Basically they were no help at all.

After reading the comments below, I took a very close look at the bottom shelf last night. It s firmly stapled down (why can't they use screws in these critical places). So a suction cup won't work to pull it up. I'll probably have to destroy the Luan bottom to get it out. Not a huge deal, I just hate to ruin something just to find out wasn't helpful. Wonder where I can find another piece of Luan to replace it. I'll update with more info as I proceed (with pictures).

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi, response 2 attempt since the forum seems to drop logged in clients after a few minutes (while typing my response). Anyway, my Ace 30.1 is parked for Winter here but I checked and the pantry only has one side access not both sides as I mentioned in my original response. I also tried to see if I could easily lift the bottom pantry drawer shelf again for a picture but when I restored it a few years ago after my wiring job I had to use a brad nailer. I would likely destroy the thin shelf wood piece to lift it again. I am sure that was what I had to do to access the screws/plate preventing the drawer from totally coming out and off the lower rolling track. The top did not have any retaining hardware. You might have to take a chance on removing some screws to see if that is what your installation requires to remove the pantry drawer. Thor had to get it installed relatively simply somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
OK, I used the suction cup on a dash mounted camera and was able to "suck up" a thin piece of wood covering the bottom shelf of the pantry. That exposes a 3/4" x/34" stapled frame holding another baseboard that also has two phillips screws appearing to hold a metal piece below the baseboard. The metal piece might be the top rail of the sliding mechanism, I don't know. If I remove the screws I may never be able to reattach to the sliding rail. Any more info is appreciated.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum