Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 04:20 AM   #324
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Last couple of "fix's" ...

Fresh water access on the 24.2 has the drain valve behind a 1/8" wood panel in the rear compartment. To drain the fresh tank everything in that compartment must be removed to take out the 33x20" panel. So... I cut a piece of 1/8" clear plastic to replace the wood panel. Then cut a hole in the clear panel to access the valve. Cut a door larger than the valve opening and outlined each with magnetic strips.

Visual water level and the valve access door easily removes or pops into place.

The fresh water drain tube didn't stick down very far and water re-use difficult so the tube was extended and a quick release end added for attaching a hose so that the drained water can easily be used on nearby plants.

Tow-bar sticks out too far at the shortest pin hole in stinger bar. So today, a new hole was drilled so that it slides 3.5" further into the receiver (near flush with the back side).

Now it stows away nicely near the bumper.

Also, I re-checked the bolts on the new trac-bar since the last few days of unmaintained mountain road travels fully maxed out the suspension and flexed everything well beyond typical highway travels would. A couple bolts were not optimally tight so it was a very good check to do.

Must do Fix/mod list is about done. Finally the Axis little "just wrong" for real use items bugging me most are done!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.