Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #7
D and C Kincaid

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
So, when I got under the bed it didn't take me long to figure out the problem. I had inadvertently overfilled the tank when filling the tank for sanitizing. Water had gone into the vent tube, and the vent tube was pretty much full of water. Since we hadn't moved the rig, or run the pump with the cap on, the vent tube didn't drain. That didn't allow any water to displace air when we were trying to fill the tank. In addition, the vent tube was below the fill tube, and had at least two low points in it with a slight rise in the middle. The filler tube was actually fine, and I am not sure why it looked like a kink to hubby when he looked with a flexible camera, but have to admit neither of us was familiar with that piece of equipment. I think we were both assuming a kink as well at that point. I fixed the vent tube by removing the tank end and placing it on top of the fill tube and straightening it out so that it does not have low points anymore until it reaches the tank. Water fills just fine now, and I actually purposely overfilled it just to test that it would actually drain properly back into the tank when the tank level went down low enough to allow that. I will certainly attempt to never over fill the tank, but know it will happen sometimes. Also, be happy, I tried the charge the lines and then extend the slider. It works well enough. The hot water in the bathroom sink is not as perky as when slider is in, but at least it runs, and the shower hot water runs fine, so we will consider it good for the time being. Thank you both for your suggestions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum