Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #31
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Are you saying the door broke off before the sway bars, and now that you have stiffer sway bars it reduces stress on door?

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. Was door failure before or after new sway bars?
Sorry I wasn't clear. I came out of the driveway for the storage lot and the coach rocked severly even at the slowest speed possible. I have a rolling door the slides side to side and it split the wood and pulled the rollers out. I had to pull the door apart, glue it back together and put the parts back. I also added catches to stop it from happening again. I then added Roadmaster front and rear sway bars and that really, really helped the side to side rocking. Now the worst that happens is anything on the table or cabinets can slide off on the floor, but I bought a silicone counter mat from Amazon to put on the stove top and we keep a large fry pan with fruits in it and bread on the counter and they never slide off so the rocking problem is solved as far as I am concerned.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum