Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #32
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
I had a Class A Monaco "many years ago" and can't remember the exact tire pressures I ran on it and what tire size was but my best recollection was they were 22.5 inch and I "think" I ran about 80 lbs. on them. Also, have you looked at information printed on tire itself? Mine are 225/75x16 and max. pressure rating is 80. Door sticker for mine says 75 front, 65 rear cold pressure. Don't want to see someone run to much pressure on a tire and compromise their safety. I'm no expert what I read on the internet is tire pressures usually increase 1-2 lbs. for every 10 degrees rise in temperature. I plan on carrying one of those laser temperature guns to measure tire temperature when I travel this summer.

If I remember right the tires are 19.5" and the max weight is over 100. The sticker from the factory recommends 85 I think. The shop said I could go as low as 80 so I start at 82. I have a TPMS system and they get into the high 90's underway. I have an IR temp sensor ( also use it to check oven temp)and I check tire temps and hub temps when I stop for rest breaks on both the RV and Toad if we are towing. The trick here is not so much the temp but if one wheel or tire is much greater than the others. I find the inner real tires run a few degrees higher than the outside tires, also tires on the sun side run a few degrees high.

Good luck and safe travels
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.