Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #24
Dbadger777

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Except the voltage being measured is the DC buss voltage, which, while charging by any means should be above 13.1 VDC regardless of battery condition, unless the batteries were shorted.

But adding more batteries will not affect the leveler problem one way or another.

As I understand it, although the hydraulic pump motor and controller are powered from the house batteries, the control panel (which senses the low voltage condition) is powered from the chassis battery and requires over 12.7 VDC to clear the low voltage condition.

A lot of Lippert's troubleshooting advice is to trace wires for voltage drops. Considering the geniuses that wire these coaches I believe that is where you will find your problem although it may also be a bad control panel.
Where is the levelers control box located on a Hurricane 34J. I have been getting the low voltage error. I have called Lippert and they want to know what the voltage is at the controller. I get the error even when after a trip, I stop, set the parking brake and let the engine run a little longer. I can put it in manual mode and still level the coach, which I have been doing more of lately I have extra batteries installed. If I start the generator or plug into shore power the error goes away. Thanks for the schematic!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum