Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #12
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
Well, you did call Bob a troll and told CaptMetal that he needed to get his money back for his engineering degree... pretty insulting.

I would bet most people don't think to check for separation or delamination unless they have experienced it before.

The doors on our Hurricane are different from the doors on the Challenger, they are actually thicker and have trim around the edges of the panels themselves. Since we full time, we do check them at every stop to make sure the contents didn't shift and knock the doors out of place or rattle loose.

I can't say that Thor is awesome at their workmanship. We have had several items that are just nit-picky and easier to fix myself. Some of them should never have left the factory floor but they weren't deal breakers. On the other hand, it was an awesome value and I would buy another Thor product but would inspect it VERY carefully. We have parked next to much higher end units that have all kinds of issues so most of these problems aren't unique to Thor.

Anyway, you did a great job on the temp repair (very functional) and I do hope that you get everything resolved to your satisfaction. Since it is a 2017, is it still under warranty? Did you get a 30 day or 90 day warranty from the dealer?
Well I guess your right but with nearly 3000 comments on every conceivable subject that may very well be a fitting title for BOB !
I apologise for pointing out this fact, and for questioning Capt-Metal's understanding of engineering, and can see how he might deduce that it was hit, I assure you all it was not.
The Trailing edge door frame extends toward the front just past the door latch, providing an degree of stiffness, and an anchor for the latch. As the door skin metal rolled backwards, it met the resistance at the latch frame, rotating the latch and frame sections outward, buckling the panel underneath, until the metal Fatigued, and tore on either side of the latch. The only thing holding the panel is a section of sheet metal under the latch! Imagine one of these panels detaching completely, striking a windshield, or worse yet a Motorcyclist [emoji50] !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum