Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
Rocky49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Factory Service & Satisfaction???

Ok folks I am not trolling or complaining about the Thor Factory!!! I live in Canada and bought my used Freedom Elite 23H in Florida a year ago. I have a number of issues and no local dealer. Some of my issues are battle damage, others wear and tear, or poor assembly. The cost of shipping parts to my address is ridiculous because of UPS and the Thor factory parts orders are all shipped UPS to Canada even when you tell the ordering dealer not to. Looking at booking a trip to the factory in Indiana to get a number of things fixed, installed. Is it worth the trip? Are they good or just frustrating. It is a 2000 mile each way trip. Gas works out to 50 cents a mile. Any idea what their shop rates are like?

I have restored and owned a number of Winnebago campervans and Rialtas and found the Winnebago factory workmanship to be excellent and parts availability was instant and if they did not have it they made it in 24 to 48 hours!!! Each time I left their factory service center in Forest City Iowa even more impressed than the last time. Great people and a good product. We bought our used Thor after our previous Winnie was written off in an accident.

I hear lots of whining, complaining, and cursing about Camping World and personally simply don't have a center nearby I trust. My nearest camping world is 1000 miles away.

SO is the trip to Walkarusa worth it? Pros, Cons?

Rocky In Northern Alberta, Canada

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.