Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 12:23 AM   #14
Dbadger777

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
...this COULD be a symptom of your alternator not charging you house batteries while you are driving. What is their level when you arrive? 12.8? much less? is the inverter in use while driving?

if the alternator is not charging the House batteries while driving, the Leveling pad might be reading 'low voltage' because the HOUSE batteries are lower than it's minimum 'automatic' Level system requirement, because the panel may run off the chassis batteries, but the Hydraulics actually works off of the HOUSE batteries.

This probably happens more often to gas coaches which may only come with two House batteries, for the residential fridge.

When you plug into shore power, or start your generator, you are effectively now CHARGING you House batteries, giving them the minimum Voltage for the 'automatic' leveling to work.

The factory service center should check your device that provides Alternator charging to your House batteries while driving.

in the meantime, you could crank and run your generator for a few minutes prior to arrival, and you'll probably then see the leveling panel work as it should.
I had considered the alternator and the chassis battery. However, the coach was just into Ford service for a differential seal leak. I asked them to check the charging system and they said it was fine. I'm a little worried that Lippert hasn't called me back. I say again; it's a new coach, everything should work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.