Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #2894
Dbadger777

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Your opinion: Bunkhouse doors, 34J

Our bunkhouse doors have been a problem from the PDI. They would not function with the slide in. The tech in the process of adjusting them, ripped the screws out at the top of one side. He used some longer screws to reattach the door. Later they ripped out again and I took the doors off.
I have an appointment in Wakarusa, and the doors are on the list. Another thing on the list is a 1 1/2 inch bow in the full wall slide which I wonder if that bow is affecting the operation of the bunk doors.
I’m considering giving up on them and not even taking the doors to Wakarusa.
Then again, with a new coach I think everything should work, and should be on there if I sell or trade. I weighed the doors. 80 lbs for both sets. That’s an extra grandkids weight.
Your experience and opinions, please.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum