Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 08:12 PM   #23
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Success

So this weekend I decided to finally tackle removing the tall slide-out pantry for my wiring project. I blocked up the end of the pantry when it was completely extended. I had obtained a little wrench that fits a square drive bit to remove the 6 screws holding the slides to the pantry drawer. There is about 2 inches of clearance between the sides, so no chance of using a screwdriver.Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	9860

So now released the upper slide and was able to finally remove the drawer and set it aside. Here is what I found. The bottom slides mounted to a block on the floor of the pantry cavity. (Along with the usual Thor construction debris left behind).Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	9861

Another pic of the cavity.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pantry3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	9862

For my lighting project I needed to find a ground wire, so I removed the panel under the refrigerator and pantry looking for a ground wire to connect to. So I find the damn secret there on the bottom side of the pantry cavity. Three screws holding down the bottom slide mounting block. Arghh....

Name:	Pantry4.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	9863

After all this sturm and drang, the solution was as easy as removing 3 easily accessed screws and the pantry drawer would have slide right out.

I laid the pantry down on its side and now easily re-attached it it to the bottom slides. With the bottom slides and block now attached the entire unit slides right back into the cavity.

I hope this helps the next person who runs into this issue. Of course every Thor model probably is different. But this works for the Windsport 27K.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pantry5.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	9864  
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.