Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #10
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
I was ready to purchase the pedestals and power pedestals and then i noticed the S/H to California is $240. I'd rather pay tax!

Question: is there a lot of play (or softness) using essentially 2 pedestals on top of each other because I notice quite a bit of play in my current Vegas seats right now.
Wow! I think I would find something more local for sure.

There has been no play in either the original or the current setup on my unit.

You don't have 2 pedestals. You remove the existing pedestal and replace with the new one then you attach the power unit to the new pedestal (need 2 metal strips to adapt ) then bolt the seat to the power unit. Each step requires 4 grade 5 bolts all included with the kit. Twelve bolts total. If you are mechanically adapt it's pretty straight forward. If not better to let a shop do it. It would also be a lot easier with two people since the seats are a little unwieldy for one person alone. The price I paid included all hardware to complete the task.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.