Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #35
wredman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
I now have the same setup. Switching the A/B selector to satellite bypasses the OTA amplifier. If the park has decent cable, I hook it up outside, select cable on the A/B switch, and turn off the OTA amp. If there is no cable, or it is not very good, I grab my mobile dish out of the storage bay, hook it up, select SAT on the A/B switch, and use it.

The reason I use cable if they have it, and it works well, is that it gets the local network channels and makes it easy to watch the few network programs we like. With my DISH service, the only way I can get the network channels is to change my service address each time I move (this gets me the RV park's local network channels), then change it back to my home address when I get back home so we can get the local channels at home. This is a pain. They tell me I might be able to get my home local channels while on the road if the satellite signal is strong, but I have not been able to get them yet when hooked up at any of the RV parks where I have used my DISH.

so the A/B switch between the satellite dish antenna and the receiver is not a problem, but a splitter would be? Not the amplifier/switch, but a simple splitter.

I thought your "home" locals would be unchanged and available unless you wanted to get actual locals from where you happen to be. Does it depend on your ability to be able to receive from all of the satellites. ???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.