Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:48 AM   #2897
HatrackRV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #11100
USB Mod

Hey guys, so in the pic below I mounted the RearView Safety monitor for the 3 cameras as Jerry, Dino and others have done. Very simple "plug and play", found the silver box in the dash and all the wires were as Dino has described. Thanks to all as I never would have thought of this on my own........ vast improvement in my ability to see around my coach when driving. Really an important safety mod..... thx again. The left monitor is an iPAD that will run CoPilot RV Navigation and the ForScan OBDII. Also works great.

Also, I added a mod myself. I found this great little 12v input to 4 usb outputs (5+ volts), DROK DC-DC Buck Power Supply Module 9-36V to 5V Low Voltage Regulator. I mounted it (velcro) under the dash panel to power all my dash devices without having wires running everywhere. Here is the url for the device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hooked it up to the ignition activated 12 volt supply from the silver camera box, which is shared with my RearView Safety monitor.

Getting ready for our first trip to the Smokey Mountains in June!!! Cant wait!! Thinking about the Rear Trac Bar Jerry described and the Recliner chairs as my next mod.

Happy Trails
Glenn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	9905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	9906  

HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum