Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #17
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Dogshow,

Again I dont know why I cant get "quote" to work so sorry your text is missing.

As the others have replied the Vegas is a class "A" type. These 6 way power seats inserts will work on almost any type of captains chair seat that sits on a pedestal. Since the 6-way power unit adds about 4 inches of height you have to change the pedestal to a shorter one to put it all back into the original height range. Most of these conversions use a 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 pedestal to accomplish that.

My Vegas came from the factory with a 10 inch pedestal. The pedestal has a swivel function built in. Another inch is added by the tracks that allow for front to back adjustment (which is discarded when the 6-way unit is added). That much height was just to high for my wife and I which is why I opted for the 5 1/2 in pedestal which allowed my seat to be about 1.5 to 2 inches lower at the full down position of the 6-way power unit and about 1 inch higher than original at the full up position.

As far as to who can do it it is really pretty straight forward mechanically. At lot of upholstery shops and almost any RV dealer should be able to do the work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum