Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Safedoriska

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #9171
I just read this from another user with a similar problem....New, first time RV owner here. Driver side bunk slide stuck about 4-6 inches below passenger side exactly as described by others here. Senior Good Sam tech jumped to the conclusion that the Hall effect sensor was at fault and that the motor needed to be replaced. I followed my own advice to RTFMS and found a simple re-sync procedure that fixed the problem. According to the Schwintek manual- Raise the bed as far as it will go (I helped it a bit by pushing the first time). Then lower 1-2 inches, stop and raise as far as it can go then hold the switch for a few seconds. Lower 1-2 inches and raise again. Took me about 5-6 tries and the bed re-sync'ed perfectly. Thereafter always take the bed ALL the way up and ALL the way down- hold the switch a few seconds on both ends of travel to help keep the motors in sync.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum