Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
We did that 3 years ago. Ordered in March to be picked up at the dealer in Ohio in early June. By doing that, we got the options we wanted, without the few we didn't want. Vegas/Axis has few options, but we did choose the fabric, cabinet color and outside stripes from 2 or 3 choices each.

By doing that, we got an early 2016 model, which was both good and bad. It will always be worth more than a 2015 when we go to sell it, but the early 2016s had the cracking tall windshield issue.

We paid roughly the same price as a 2015 would have cost, and about what the show prices had been at Tampa in January. By picking it up in Ohio we saved a ton on the delivery charge to Florida. Plus, the dealer was much more generous with our trade in. The savings from the trade and delivery cost paid for our leveling jacks! The dealer took it to a shop (Stuarts) in
Elkhart for installation. Had I known that was how they would install, I would have arranged that myself.

Total Value in Elkhart might have had a better price without trade, we found our better deal with Paul Sherry RV in Piqua, OH. I prefer to do business locally, but the cost difference was too much. And the dealer did a good job of prepping the coach for us.

Things I don't miss from my previous 33' Class A: Bigger, more expensive tires to replace, heavier, more trouble prone slide outs, power steps that required maintenance and repairs, higher, more boxy profile on windy roads, no rear ladder (but then my 25.2 lacks that too).

The 27.7 will likely be really popular, giving just enough more living space. Check online for some walk through videos. For us and the way we travel, our 25.2 fits us just right, and we hope to keep it on the road for a long time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.