Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #8
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rurkaep View Post
We bought a new 29M 2018 Windsport and took it in for the usual warranty problems a new motorhome has, nothing to lose sleep over, however I had a major concern regarding the two 12 volt batteries and the space they allowed for their installation. I asked how I check the water level, he said I should disconnect the many cables and wires them perhaps take the batteries out. I told him he must be joking, he said he was not. I asked if they would authorize the dealer to install a slide out. He said no. He would not budge after practically begging him. Has anyone any clue of idea how I can service these batteries without removing them.? This is our 7th new motorhome. We have been camping a long time and find this situation unbelievable.
E&P
Wear a pair of gloves so your clothes or hands dont get acid on them accidentally. Get a couple of zip ties to temporilly tie each bunch of cables to each of the eyelets on the ends, so they won't get mixed up when you take them off ONE post at a time. With the cables off now on ONE battery, Pull out this battery and using a bristle brush, clean the compartment and cables. Use Baking soda and water to wash out area. Reinstall that battery, cut one zip tie and reattach the back cable to the post. Do the same thing to the other cable to the front post connection. Make sure each cable is tight to the clamps and spray the clamps with the anti corrosion spray. May have to spray the compartment with baking soda and water if it needs it. Oh yeah, if you have a camp stool, it comes in handy cause you'll be awhile doing this. If you have to add any water to the batteries, get distilled Water and do it while you have the batteries out. Have lots of room to do it here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum