Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 AM   #17
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomare View Post
Just called them and requested keys as RV is doing a shake down run to Florida on Monday. Told them to let us know when the parts are in and they are ready to make repairs.

In the meantime a letter has been sent to Thor since it's been with this dealer for over 20 days.
The problem is you took Thor's ability to intervene away when you requested the keys to the unit. You requesting the keys is basically a stop work notice to the dealer. Per the warranty you should have given Thor the opportunity to make it right after the twenty day period. Now when you take it back the clock starts from day one.

Also, I have found that often times what we blame on Thor is actually the dealer's actions. I have taken my prior coach to a dealer for a scheduled appointment and it took them 5 days before they even took the coach in to verify the problem. The same dealer on another occasion had my unit finished and then waited 5 days to notify me it was done and ready for pick up. That same dealer always required 2 trips. The first to fix the original problem and then a second to fix what they broke when fixing the first problem.

My current coach has not been back to the dealer since I bought it. I have fixed all of the small issues and the one major item was handled by a mobile tech in Charleston SC during my shakedown cruise.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum