Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #15
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
...Mr. Sunshine, where did you work your deal...local or at a special dealership in Ohio (found by surfing the web)?Doc

Tried, but couldn't work a deal with any of the Florida dealers. Found Paul Sherry in Piqua, OH, from an ad they had for a new 2015 25.2. That started the conversation. We had planned to travel that direction anyway, so it would have been silly to pay some monkey, er professional driver, a big chunk of my money to drive my new coach through the break in time. That driver's goal: get it there asap! Paul S got the business because they made the best deal.

There aren't many options on the Vegas/Axis order sheet, and you can just forget anything that is not on the list. The dealer took care of the leveling jack install prior to picking it up. I wouldn't suggest having the selling dealer do your modifications, it is adds to the chance they will screw something up.

If Thor offered a bunch of options, it would slow down the line and increase the chance of screw ups. Keeping the Freedom Elites basic helps keep the cost down.

When we ordered, the outside TV was optional, but if you didn't order it you didn't get that TV door, just a flat wall. I wanted the cabinet, but not the TV, so ordered without a bedroom TV and had the dealer move it before I picked it up. Don't think you can do that anymore.

Remember, the RVs of today come as a KIT, that you have to finish out to your liking and budget!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.