Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:15 AM   #1
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Rental RV, one house battery, and boondocking 3 days.......

We will be in a rental RV--a Class C Sunseeker model 28-30 ft--that will only have one house battery. We will be camping in a National Park with no hook-ups, and limited generator use. Fortunately A/C will not be needed, but heat would have been nice and we can't run the furnace either!! Lighting should not be an issue, as the sun will be up later than we will be, and I can heat water with propane, ditto for fridge, and can make the tanks (fresh and waste water) last for three days. But I have never dry camped with only one house battery.

If I can only run the genny 2 or three hours a day, will I be able to run fridge and the ancillary RV current draws on just one battery without falling below 50% battery level between daily genny charges?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.