Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyfou View Post
2016 Thor Palazzo diesel

1. When plugged into shore should I leave the inverter and charger buttons in the "on" position? Currently they are on batteries r fully charged and the led light is blinking YES, we've never turned ours off in 3 1/2 years. No reason to, and it also provides you 'back up' power in case your Shore Power is lost, while the Charger is always on to keep your batteries charged, otherwise, they won't be.

2. How do I set the system to automatically turn on my generator when either power fails or batteries get low press the AGS button, then ENABLE the AGS setting, use VOLTS at 12.0, then RUN TIME at 30 mins... than also set your SHORE button to 40amps. All this will allow your generator to run automatically by the AGS when your battery volts fall below this level for two minutes. OF course, this is mainly when you are not on Shore Power, dry-camping without external electricity.

3. I have watched some videos which tell me u can be more energy efficient when on shore power to use your batteries and let the shore power charge them any truth to that? This keeps the electric bill down
These are my main questions any help is appreciated Don't have a clue what you are referring to, but when on Shore Power you will have the full electricity from the external power, whether or not your Inverter is on.... there's no reason to turn it off, though, as said #1. There is no 'way' to offset external power since the Inverter matters not in that equation. What 'electricity bill' are you referring to?
enjoy! : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.