Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
Xantrex support said since it was replaced under warranty, they can't provide any info. Basically, I have it but don't need it but also don't want to throw it away. I was hoping someone has knowledge of just replacing the internal transfer switch since it would operates normally with just that piece replaced. Seems like a waste to toss it at 1000 dollars each.

In the Xantrex website, I've seen wiring schematics that depict the transfer switch as if it's a separate stand-alone item inside inverter. If I had to guess, I'd bet it's a 30-Amp (unless it's 20-Amp) transfer switch that's nothing more than a common relay. It's not likely Xantrex would manufacture a relay when they can buy one in any configuration they need. Just a guess though.

Edit: Specs show 15-Amp relay.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.