Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Phase2: Kitchen Sink Light

Now that I have completed the driver's side of the living space lighting, time to move over to the other side which is the kitchen area in the full wall slide.

First upgrade was the kitchen sink light. Another ugly light to remove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phase2_1-1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	10030

Notice the quality Thor workmanship. Why use a hole saw or even a rotozip when a hatchet works just fine to make a hole in the cabinetry. And the handy chalk label so I will always know the model number of the motorhome. Sheesh

This light isn't on a wall switch so I needed a fixture with a switch on it. I found this attractive and very functional light on Amazon. Facon 5 Inch Panel Light Surface Mount. This light has a push button switch next to a tiny blue LED location light so its easy to find the switch in the dark.

I mounted it over the nice hole and all that's left is to cover the left over screw holes on the bottom of the cabinet. I will use a cherry wood Blend-Fil Pencil on these and the other screw holes in the other cabinets. Tip: use a heat gun to gently heat the surface and pencil while you work with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phase2_1-2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	10031  
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.