Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 05:48 PM   #16
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Update on my issue (or, rather, my Vegas' issue!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
You are correct. Where the front and rear caps meet the roof is a really big deal as there is bound to be constant movement as you go down the road.........especially in Louisiana.
I tape those joints with a strip of 4" Eternabond from gutter to gutter front and back. That essentially eliminates those joints from leaking.
Hope you leak is fixed once and for all time.
Turns out this is exactly where my leak was, which caused the de-laminating issue with the lumps and bumps on the driving area wall interiors. Also found was another leak area, which caused rain to get into the storage bin below our outdoor TV... an original problem.
Our Thor rep was delighted that we preferred to bring our coach directly to them in Indiana for the repairs needed, and (shhhh; don't tell a soul!) they covered all issues from start to finish, expired warranty be damned. I do believe that the 'bin issue' we've had since day one helped, as we did try to get that fixed under warranty, but 2... TWO... service departments were not able to find it. Thor found and fixed THAT issue, and threw in everything else as 'customer satisfaction' bonuses... and I'm talking even items that WE rookies screwed up ourselves! Gotta tell ya, I love Thor and their representatives. They really have been great with helping us out, and we have NEVER run into any problems when dealing directly with them. I would have Thor's baby. Just sayin'.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum