Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Generator and Fuel Management...

I'm one of these "always keep everything full" kind of guys. We're heading to the Southern Nationals for the 3 day weekend which is self-contained MH's only with no hook ups. Temps will be in the 80's day and 60's night. I'm not worried about water supply and holding tanks but I have this issue with running the onboard generator too much. It runs off the rear 40 gallon tank. With the previous TT I always carried the Champion 3100 and the two Honda 2000's with the parallel kit and extended run fuel tank when dry camping such as the Atlanta Motor Speedway where we kept it for 10 days. When I told the Queen last night what I was doing she looked at me like I was totally nuts. "So, you're telling me you just bought your dream MH but don't want to use it?? I thought you said this is what it's for!". Anybody else here have a similar disorder?? What is the actual fuel consumption of these QD 6000's? Onan says .3 to .5 GPH on idle to half power and .8 at full throttle. The portables will run 4-6 hours on a half gallon. Is she right??? Am I really nuts???
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.