Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 07:59 PM   #2921
HatrackRV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #11100
Dangerous Sloppy Wiring

A while back Dave (SuperD) posted a problem with faulty wiring to the water heater which almost caused a fire. I have subsequently read other posts with similar problems. I started checking all my coach wiring and sure enough, two of the wire nuts to the water heater were incorrectly fastened and the wires just fell out when I moved them. I just cannot understand why THOR continues to do this kind of sloppy work (my coach is 2018). They must be aware of the problem due to the numerous reports and the liability to them is enormous. Very dangerous and someday WILL start a fire and someone may get hurt. Not going anywhere until I check every available electrical splice, particularly on the 110 side.

Thank you so much Dave, and everyone who alerted us, this could have ended badly.
HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum