Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #143
04fxsts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotwalp View Post
Hello there.
I determined that the lock on my Axis broke with the previous owner and they replaced the outside piece with the newer model 060-1650. It still has the zinc parts. I can see the screws were a little stripped. Has anyone had issues with the 060-1650 with zinc parts?
Also, if I do decide to replace, I am thinking the Bauer EM. Has anyone replaced with that and does it fit nicely? Thanks in advance.
When I saw the design of the zinc latch mechanism I decided to go with a different company and decided on the Bauer, I think it is the EM. The Bauer web site gives the size of the door cut out needed and one model matches the existing hole. The lock fit the hole perfectly and the striker plate is identical to the of one except a better finish. I just left the old striker plate in place. The decals had been trimmed to fit the old lock which has a slightly bigger footprint on the outside of the door. If it bothered me I could run some silicone around to cover the gap but it isn't really noticeable.
After about 9 months it does not lock using the key pad, it still unlocks fine and I have a key hidden outside for emergencies. Haven't contacted Bauer yet but should, still quite happy with this lock. Jim.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.