Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #52
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by USTraveler View Post
I appreciate the info, even tho it is a bit after the fact. I did remove all the bolts from the sway bar brackets that hold the sway bar to the axle to begin with and then did the driver's side first. I just tightened the driver side bolts finger tight initially then proceeded to tackle the passenger side. The top bolt lined up and went in reasonably easy but the bottom bolt gave me all the trouble. When I was able to contort my body enough to get a flash light shining on the bolt hole and actually see into the bolt hole I could see the shim hole was to low and blocking the bolt from threading. The bolt in the top hole fit tight enough so that there was no up and down movement of the shim. If I removed the top bolt and inserted the bottom bolt then the top bolt wouldn't start to thread. I don't know how else I could have done it. Was that impact wrench air powered or electric?
Electric impact
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum