Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Cheap handling fix applies to Ford F-53 and not E-Series. You can accomplish the same results (albeit spending a little cash) with E-Series by installing thicker aftermarket sway bars. Stock OEM sway control on E-Series is a good compromise for me; hence, no need to “fix” anything.

I figure it’s a complicated subject. My E-Series comes from Ford with a heavier front sway bar than other larger E-Series. To the average guy on the street, that seems counterintuitive, but there is a perfectly valid reason Ford engineers design it that way — and it adds to my safety. So why doesn’t Ford use the stiffer front sway bar on larger/heavier E-Series? Because they don’t need one as badly as I do. And the reason my sway bar is stiffer is not to control sway.

Obviously there must be a lot more to suspension design than limiting lean on turns.

P.S. — Tfryman is correct in that properly installed sway bars don’t lift or drop body when vehicle leans. If that’s all you’re worried about, it shouldn’t be much of an issue unless links end up at some goofy angle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.