Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #24
ppsafetyman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arizona
THOR #9076
2018 Hurricane 35M

After 7 months in the shop, we finally got the "new" coach back and have had a chance to take a shakedown cruise. Arizona to Arkansas and return with no problems. The drive shaft was repaired and the front end aligned by Firebird Tire in Phoenix and the coach really drives well now. I did have a Steer Safe stabilizer (SteerSafe.com » Steer Safe Units) installed by the factory in Deming NM and that made a huge difference.

The biggest complaint now is the body sway and I'm going to do the CHF next week prior to buying an expensive sway bar. I have also just installed a 5 Star Tuning program to improve shift points and engine performance. (https://5startuning.com/) and have not tried this mod yet. A trip to the mountains is in order after the CHF is applied. I could not stand the engine screaming when on cruise and climbing a hill and 5 Star Tuning is supposed to reprogram the shift points for overall improvement.

My overall experience with Thor customer service has been good but the workmanship or lack thereof will make me look for a different manufacturer next time around. Very shoddy build and materials used, quality control is lacking big time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum