Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
Summerwind

Brand: Still Looking
State: England
THOR #11569
Thanks!

Hiya!
Thanks JG (JamieGeek) for your time and reply.

All helpful info. (nerds unite)
Not that I'm that smart lol but I still am a little concerned about the/ SCRATCH THAT, MY ability to handle around town(s)
The Class c+ I have is on the 350 HD Transit chassis with a 156" wheelbase and 24',
The Axis (to my best understanding ) is 188" wheelbase and 25'6" overall outside length?
The transit is a dream handler in town but the sleeping/ floor plan will not work for over 1-2 people. The construction is outstanding and the AZDEL panelling is to the best of my understanding superior to LUAN for moisture resistance and durability.
I have owned the 2018 less than 1 month and saw the Axis on a used lot.
I took the people in my C and found-Uh oh not gonna work and stepped into the used Axis. Wow! I was hooked and my post purchase confirmation didn't go as planned ( I was hoping I could say, wow Class A too big and I can make the transit work)
If it was just me and another able bodied person, I think the C+ would be great as a daily driver. Since I have other people to consider and I am not made of money, I can't afford to keep a non functional paperweight around. Much to my haste, I added a lot of upgrades to the C+ as soon as I got it which will also be out the window, but that's life.

Thanks for your time in replying and please keep the thoughts coming. Unfortunately also I can't afford another mistake of OOPs I have the vehicle and now it won't work.
I am planning also for when other folks will be not in a position to use so I can't keep too large a vehicle that I am worried about.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum