Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #11
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Phase2: Stairwell

Last part of the passenger side was the stairwell. As I am sure everyone has noticed what a black hole the stairwell can be. Especially when entering the motorhome at night.

I found this motion activated stair way light on Amazon. Its powered by 3 C batteries and can be mounted anywhere. If I find I go through batteries to often, I can retrofit it to be powered from the 12VDC system with a 5VDC voltage converter. There is power close by at a storage light next to the stairwell.

When it was dark I moved the light around to find the best position and marked it with blue tape so I could mount it the next day in daylight. In this position it lights up the stairway pretty well and is not in the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phase2_4-1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	10132

Name:	Phase2_4-2.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	10133

At night, as soon as you open the door from the outside, the motion activates the light and now the stairway is well illuminated till you can reach the switch for the inside light.

Name:	Phase2_4-3.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	10134

Last item was to address an annoyance with the 3 unmarked switches next to the stairwell. I had stick on custom laser engraved labels made by Carolina Laser, Inc.

Name:	Phase2_4-4.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	10135

You have probably noticed, I screwed up and put "Step" where I should have put Awning Light. Oh well, the labels are only $2.50 (plus shipping & Handling).
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.