Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
streamcamper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgebo View Post
Just got our 2014 Vegas back from alignment shop. Front end was WAY out of alignment. Appears that Thor did not think it was necessary to adjust the front-end alignment after adding the coach body onto the chassis. Handles and drives MUCH better, now. The Ford dealer also said the driveline vibration was severe enough to cause tranny seal damage, and u-joint failure fairly quickly. This, after Mor/Ryde replaced one of the driveshafts already. The vibration was masked by the fact the front-end was so out of whack. Now I really feel it. Seems the replacement driveshaft is no good, or one of the other 2 shafts need attention.Thor instructed me to send the bill and they would review if they will re-imburse me for the aligment. They will do so for the new tire valve extenders I had installed to replace the defective factory units. Ford shop recommended a driveshaft shop to road test and repair the vibration. Now, I have to approach Thor again to cover this factory defect. My wife is so disgusted with the Vegas, now, she doesn't want to travel anywhere in it. Especially after she was trapped in the bathroom when the door latch broke.
I don't have a Vegas, but do have Thor Miramar, and my coach has a sticker on the drivers side wall, right next to the steering wheel, that states the coach will need an alignment. Haven't done it yet, but its on my list of things to do. Glad your alignment resolved your issue. Hope when I get mine done, it improves the ride a bit. Regards....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum