Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #23
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
I currently have a 4-pin on the rig. It is internally wired for a 7-pin, and I have the harness for that. I have towed/pulled just about anything you can imagine. Except a tow dolly. I think you are correct about the electric brakes. I see a possible headache there. On my TTs and heavy utility trailers I always had to set the controller exactly right for the different weights. Being a cheapskate and not wanting to install the controller and make adjustments I was considering the surge brake versions. But I have never pulled anything with surge brakes. I suppose it could be an extra assist along with the engine braking on steep and long grades.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum