Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:42 AM   #1
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Cracked Pump Suction Strainer

I was preparing to dewinterize my ACE this weekend and discovered some “water” (I think antifreeze) dripping from the wet compartment. I tracked it down to the clear plastic bowl that houses the water pump suction strainer. The thing had a crack 2/3 of the way around at the base of the threads.

I have my doubts that it was due to freezing as when I winterized I sucked RV antifreeze up into the pump through the tee that is between the tank and the strainer. I know that I saw the strainer full of pink stuff when we put it to bed for the winter. I winterize by blowing out the lines, but suck a bit of the pink stuff through the pump to make sure that I’ve displaced any residual water. Maybe next winterization I will just pull the strainer bowl and leave it open.

I found the strainer full of plastic chips last fall and the only thing I can think of is that I got it too tight when reinstalling (didn’t use any tools though,just hand tight), or it was just defective.

Fix was simple enough. I ordered a new strainer assembly (couldn’t find just the bowl) from Amazon and all is fixed. Fresh water tank is full and no leaks. I ordered two and now have an extra for my just in case parts cache.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.