Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #18
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
I spent a LOT of time researching how to distribute content to the 3 tvs. I thought about running new hdmi cables (our 24.1 only has coax going to all tvs), various wireless options, hdmi over ethernet, blah blah ...

I eventually settled on sending hdmi over coax. I didn't have to do any wiring and the receiver can be powered directly off the TV's USB port which makes the wiring super simple.

Quality is excellent!

The one I went with is E-SDS 1080P HDMI Extender over Coaxial cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0107W8OQ2

There is a very slight lag (maybe a few hundred ms) so if you have one tv directly connected to a source and one going through this, the audio will be slightly offset. But I wired all tvs and our front dash radio using the output of these so they are all in sync.

Currently I have our dish network receiver in the cabinet in the kitchen but the good news with coax distribution is you can put the sender anywhere and I think you can even have multiple senders.

Note that you need a receiver to decode the hdmi signal over the coax ... it recovers the signal in digital form so it's not like sending hdmi over rf and have the tv tune to it ... I did not want that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum