Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 02:53 AM   #10
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I've seen that pressure regulators that aren't adjustable; seem to come in two flavors:
45 psi,
and
55 psi

I hope that this helps!
Those are flow restrictor not regulators, just FYI!
Most adjustable regulators come preset at 55psi which should be sufficient. The Pex water lines are rated for 100+psi, but wouldn't bet the plastic fittings they use to connect the Pex to are rated that high.
Also unless you are absolutely certain the faucet you connect to has constant non fluctuating pressure I'd recommend using the adjustable regulator every time, it only affects the pressure if above the set point. Most parks/campgrounds have low pressures, usually 35-40 psi, so in those parks it's best to run your water pump which is usually about 45+/-psi, so not much better. We have been in several parks with 80-100 psi & I would not use those "restrictors" on that high of pressure, only a "regulator".
There are 2 items I connect EVERY time, #1 surge protector/EMS (if you don't have one, GET ONE NOW) & #2 the water pressure"regulator".
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum