Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
Shifty103

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Delaware
THOR #5616
ACE 29.2 problems

First let me say I love my ACE's floor plan, and I love the length. Now, let's talk about quality. The ACE is still in the local RV Dealer repair shop. The awning failed to come in while camping with a storm approaching. I (with help from other campers) removed the motor, rolled it in by hand, zip tied it in and replaced the motor. Each time I hit the button to retract it the fuse blew. Turns out during the build of the unit a screw contacted one of the wires and it rubbed (evidently from driving vibration) into a dead short. Obviously a lack of quality from the manufacturer. Waiting to see what Thor does about it, and the dealer's had it a week already. This on top of the bathroom mirror falling off the wall in the bathroom. It was barely held by a couple of tiny brads. I re-insulated the doghouse as the original insulation was sloppily attached and only about half of it was there to begin with. The passenger window wouldn't lock. The press-board that the bed is on is too big and the edges are extremely rough, I've yet to fix that. A light over the dinette needed replacing. We are constantly finding screws, most of which we have no idea where they came from! I am on the verge of regretting our Thor purchase. Some things are expected when you buy new, but there has been more, since Thor has fixed these I left them out of this discussion. I will wait to see the outcome of Thor's decision and what else goes wrong. OH, I almost forgot...how could I?...the windshield leaks! The dealership that currently has the RV does not sell Thor, so will not work on it, (they are a repair center for the type of awning I had so will work on that).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.