Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New 30 FE Owner
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
awalk57

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Freedom Elite 30FE
State: New Jersey
THOR #11592
Talking New 30 FE Owner

We just took delivery of a new Thor Freedom Elite 30FE. This is our first motor home and so far we love it. We have camped for many years in trailers and love the ease of traveling in a motor home. I have a question for other new owners of this or similar models. We had a problem with water draining out of the fresh water tank (rightfully suspected an open drain valve). But finding the drain valve was a challenge. I found it hiding under a screwed down access panel under the mattress in the main bedroom. It makes sense from a design standpoint for the location but why should it be screwed down. The Thor owners manual does not reference it other than to say "Open Drain Valve" for fresh water tank. The compartment has a label on it clearly stating "No Storage". My question is why hide it and why secure it with screws. All of the shutoff and drain valves are located in this compartment which will make it nice for winterizing. Is the screwing down an attempt by CampingWorld to get more service business?. Just curious.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum