Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #14
mtntrek

Brand: DRV
Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Welcome, congrats on the new equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
Any help you could throw my way would be most helpful. Just want to make sure that this will fix the situation?
2014 MS Estates 39RESB3 2014 Ford F450
Anything is possible, but not to create a version of fear factor here.
More than likely the problem will not correct itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicesqueezer View Post
I did contact LCI this morning. They suggested to bring the fifth wheel to a local dealer and have a pressure test done on the system.
Will try and take some photos later of the jacks.
This is probably sound advise. The hydraulic leveling system can be difficult (slightly messy) to troubleshoot even with moderate technical skills. The combination of lines manifolds, solenoids, seals etc. can be tedious especially without a complete schematic and sequence of proper operation, and yes pressure analysis. I'd venture a guess that the issue(s) are indeed in the hydraulic circuit(s) vs. the electric / electronic control side of the system. Similar to dapperdan's experience we've been inconvenienced by this system malfunction also. Try to schedule it were there are ample resources as apposed to a remote situation. A complete failure renders the trailer very difficult to manage.
Best of luck.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum