Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: advice
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
Gary A

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
I see you're in Florida. Do NOT assume because the tires "look brand new" that they are brand new or are ok. If they are the original tires they MUST be replaced. Check the date codes on the tires. If they are over 4 years old they need to go, especially on a Florida coach. Take it from someone who had two blowouts in two different motor homes with tires that were 5 years old but still looked new and with excellent tread. Figure the cost of new tires into your purchase.

Also, we LOVE our Thor! First brand new motor home for us. On our recommendation friends recently purchased a new Hurricane. Then one of his neighbors saw it, took his 90's Winnebago in to trade on a new Winnebago. He did not like what he saw and bought a Thor instead. ALL RVs have issues. It helps a lot to be very handy. If you are not, find a good, reliable RV mechanic and be prepared to learn a lot.
Ditto. My MH was originally a Florida purchase and was a 2014 with tire dates of 2013. I had to replace them at 4 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.