Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
riskmgr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
This post makes absolutely no sense. Why would you remove oil if the fill line is supposed to be higher? Why would too much oil cause the oil to overheat?
Original Full Line is too high. The dipstick is too short. I’ve been having problems with my generator after CW of Byron changed oil and filter. It shut off when I lost shoreline Power on 5/13/18. I googled generator shut off and looked at two YouTube (There were more to look at). The video said that he’s known people spending $3000 plus and even buying another generator. He said that he was having problems with his class A. He did this procedure and he hasn’t had the generator shutting off any longer . I haven’t done the procedure on my Class C but it’s worth a try as I’ve read that Cummins/Onan has problems. My old Class A had an a Onan 5000 and I never had a problem with it but on my new 2018 C I have.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.