Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #29
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Hey Doc, don't worry, I'll answer those questions as best I can with some pictures when I get a chance. Super busy yesterday.

I can answer the steering question now though, it's pretty much the same deal as all the other Ford chassis motorhomes. I put helwig sway bars on it, along with Bilstein shocks all around, Sumo springs in front, Ride Rite airbags in back and of course a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer too.

I then did my own alignment and replaced the upper ball joint sleeves with adjustable ones. I gave it as much caster as I could and about 1/8" of toe in. I did all of that at once without driving it in between so I couldn't break down each mod's effect, but as everyone knows, the difference is HUGE. So yeah, any of the Vegas models are going to NEED suspension mods to be driveable. As far as the rear end swinging out and the tilt when the slides are extended, I'll give you actual measurements on those things when I get a chance. It might be a few days for that though, I'm waiting on an engine knock detector system to get here before I can put the engine cover back on and drive it.

(Totally off topic sidenote... For those that wonder about power increases on tuning the Ford V10, Yeah the gains are pretty significant. VERY significant actually. That's a whole 'nuther subject though.)

I'll be able to give you guys a TON of feedback and mod ideas in the future. I'm almost to the point of finishing up all my rebuilding and major modding so hopefully we'll be able to put some miles on this 27.7 soon. Yesterday I spent finishing up my onboard compressor install and also built the table top for the engine cover compartment. Here's a few teaser shots of that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_235254.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	10259   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_235220.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	10260  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_235210.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	10261   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180514_235157.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	10262  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.