Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #2950
Red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Converter

Hello,

Was looking into updating the converter. Decided to stick with the original and see how things go. After looking it up, the reviews are good. I did stumble on suggested mounting and well, Thor screwed the pooch. The unit should be mounted with the fan on the bottom or side. Mine was mounted with the fan on top and so close to the bottom of the board the bed sits on that no air could move anyway. There was enough slack in the line to move it to a sideways mount. Now we have much less fan noise and pc of mind. I recommend having a look at yours to see if you have the same problem.

Our track bar came in. BUT not in the original package and missing over half the parts. UPS must have busted the box and didn't get all the parts in the repack job. Called and a new one shipped in minutes.

We ran to the Hocking Hills a couple weeks back and must say the CHF and Dampener made a huge difference. Looking forward to the Track Bar and rear CHF.

Thanks to all for posting your work and observations. They have saved much aggravation and helped make our unit more usable.

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum