Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:02 PM   #6
clausens

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #8543
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Note that people can't see that page unless you join the group. So not only do you have to be a member of facebook, you have to join the group.

There are a lot of horror stories right here in the forums, don't need an external place to see more.

On the whole, however, many have found that if you give Thor a chance they will make the effort to make things right (provided you do fall within warranty or something that obviously was wrong in warranty). Especially if you take your unit to factory service.
I was responding to the OP with requests for opinions. I bought new, bought an extended warranty from the dealer. Did everything right. Do you not think I haven’t called and emailed Thor ad nauseam with no luck? I am willing to overlook poor design and construction IF they would just take responsibility and fix their product. Facebook pages galore with desperate people who Thor is ignoring. I am glad to hear Thor has helped some with their issues, but that does help the many, many who are being stonewalled. If you were lucky and able to get your unit repaired, you should still be concerned about Thor’s reputation. Rv groups are filled with people saying run away from Thor units, meaning your rv will be harder to sell. There is a story in today’s paper about one such couple. Buying a Thor means you might be one of the unlucky ones like them. Roll of the dice.

An NC couple is suing their RV's builder over chronic problems | Charlotte Observer

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.