Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
fairfieldwizard

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Florida
THOR #11425
Same coach

Hey! Thanks for your note. Is yours a 2014 also? We are somewhat new to RV'ing since we rented them previously to make sure it was something we might use. But we have the general idea. But/so thanks for your offer. I accept.

As I learn more, I'm just fascinated. First of all, I've rented Bounders previously. Would have liked to have bought one but they were out of our price range. I've learned that you do indeed get what you pay for. The Hurricane is gorgeous to be sure. But I've already noticed the differences- The Bounder had more storage space below and more niceties- the ceiling exhaust fans had wall switches to raise and lower them and turn them on. my wife will not be able to reach these. Bounder had power-operated shades on the windshield and side windows- curtains on the Hurricane. I could go on. But we got a really good deal on it, it's like new in all regards. We're excited.

I drove this from Oklahoma back to Florida last week. Learned a lot but it worked pretty much as it should. I did notice that I couldn't get the jacks to auto level. They did lower and jockey the coach body up and down but then I got an error code on the panel. Even with the error code, the first time it did level as verified by a dashboard spirit level the previous owner installed but the second and third times, it was only close and one jack didn't descend. Also two of the corner lights on the panel are blinking red. Ever seen this?

This weekend I'm replacing that sad excuse for a radio with something better. I also want to replace all the incandescent lights with LED and a central vac is probably in our future.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with yours. What are some things you've learned?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.