Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
JohnR13

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Wisconsin
THOR #11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceMan View Post
I looked at the Coleman roadtrip grills at Camping World a d a sharp parts guy told me ( in the nick of time) you can't connect to the built-in port on our motorhome with this unit. The grill needed has to be a Low Pressure type. Otherwise you have two regulators in line and so the grill won't light. I found that from a video that a company named Propane Gear has a different hose kit with correct fittings for Coleman grill so you can use it with the MH connection. I ordered both things. Has anyone out there tried this system? Does it work ok?

Have the same grill. Look online for a youTube that discusses converting from white gas, or camping gas, or bottle gas, to LP. You end up with an "L" shaped connector that permits your grill to connect to a standard LP gas hose to your RV's exterior line intended for grill use. I made my own connector as described in the YouTube video (make sure you use natural gas or LP gas-rated plumbers Teflon tape (the yellow kind)). We had a 2015 Windsport 31S with the exterior LP line intended for grill use (that model MH came with a grill for that purpose!). I converted my Roadtrip grill as described and it worked like a charm!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.