Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
Erion68

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #11538
Bad gas in new motorhome

I purchased a new Windsport 29M two weeks ago. All the major components worked as expected during the PDI and since we keep it at our property, continued to check and run things. Well, the generator wouldn't start 2 days after we brought it home. It would crank, but not start. Ruled out all the obvious reasons (low fuel, low oil, something loose, etc), so took it in for service this morning. They said it was a clogged fuel line to the generator. They "flushed" it out and now running ok. Honestly didn't think much more about it until I got home. The MH gas tank was 3/4 full when we bought it and have not added any additional gas. Now I'm worried we have old and/or bad gas sitting in the fuel tank that could damage the MH engine. Haven't had any issues with it starting or running so far. Should I be worried? I will also add that the sticker says it was manufactured March 18' and has 1900 miles on it. Assuming the MH was driven from Indiana to Florida in March and even if that same 3/4 tank has been there for the last 45-60 days, is that long enough for it to gunk up? It's just not adding up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum