Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #7
wacopolumbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Virginia
THOR #2169
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Jody,

With Jamie's mentioning of wipers, another Virginia specific item comes to mind, the state inspection.

Check the date on the state inspection sticker and make them due a June inspection if it is not already done. Also, the date of the inspection sticker is an indicator of how long a unit has been sitting on a dealer's lot.

I have found that having a one month old sticker can be an inconvenience especially during the summer (next year) when you really want to be using the unit but you have to take a day or two to get the coach safety inspected. Also, getting a motorhome safety inspected can be a challenging task. If you rely on the dealer then you are subject together schedule and summer months are always had times to get in for RV service.

I recommend finding a Ford truck dealer in your area that has a large enough bay to handle your coach's height and length and then use them for routine chassis service such as scheduled maintenance, alignments, and safety inspections. The Ford dealers are generally easier to get into appointment wise and generally cheaper with the routine maintenance.

Where are you located in SE Virginia?
Again, great advice. Thanks. We are in Yorktown. My wife and I are both retired Air Force.

Jody
Yorktown, VA
2015 Hurricane 32N, 2015 Kia Optima, 2016 Master Tow
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum